Wednesday, August 9, 2017

A Walk-In Wardrobe For My Shoes

I think I'm going to take a break from all the holiday posts. (Although I must give myself a pat on the back for persevering!) The act of shortlisting photos, editing them, resizing then, thinking of captions and of course, writing the post... is so draining!

Let's talk about happier things, other than holidays. Let's talk about shoes. Yes shoes.

I've never been much of a shoe person. I don't get gugu eyes over a pair of Jimmy Choos. Although I have to admit my Ferragamos are quite comfy, I really wouldn't mind wearing an equally comfortable pair of Vincci either. Heck, they're going to end up at my feet anyway!

Because I've never been much of a shoe person, I've never made it a point to keep track of the shoes that I own. I do buy shoes to match my handbags, so those I remember very well. But all the rest are really just a blur in my head. My helper lectures me quite a bit, especially when she has to hunt for a pair of shoes in the store. "Puan ada banyak kasut tapi tak pakai! Stor ini sampai tak boleh jalan, sudah penuh!" Ok ok I get the hint. The store bawah tangga is filled with shoes. The shoe racks near the kitchen is also filled with my shoes. And yet I keep wearing the same trusty comfy shoes day in day out.

Inspired by Vivy's shoe racks, I decided that I needed one too. Because the shoes were displayed prominently on open shelves, I deduced that it will lead to two things. One, it is visually accessible so I can easily choose one to match my outfit. And two, I will stop buying new shoes because now I know exactly what shades of shoe colours I have at home.

But the hard part was the execution bit. We have zero space for open shelvings shoe racks! Hubby doesn't want shoes in the bedroom, so I can't erect shoe racks in the master bedroom nor the guest bedroom downstairs. I can't put it in the living hall, cos as much as I would like to believe that I have good taste in shoes, they would never be visually appealing enough to suit any deco. We wanted to put up those racks in the aisle near the laundry room, but that would cramp the narrow aisle.

After much deliberation, I finally found the perfect spot. Remember the windows upstairs that we had to wall up due to the high ceiling dining hall renovations? An empty wall, just screaming for a home improvement project. Absolutely perfect!

Not really a walk-in, but rather a walk-through! That door you see is the door to my master bedroom.

Three IKEA Lack wall racks later, it was ready! I was sooooo excited to house my shoes on the empty shelves. Lo and behold, I occupied 98% of the space with my shoes. If I buy anymore new shoes, I'll have to banish Hubby's shoes to the store bawah tangga! *giggles*

A family project! Thank you boys, for doing this for my shoes.

My current mantra is, "No more shoes, I have enough!"

Now I have no more excuse of forgetting the shoes that I own. And it is so easy to choose my shoes for the day. I simply have to walk out of my bedroom and choose a pair to match my outfit. Major love! (Now, time to organize my handbags???) *chuckles*

2 comments:

  1. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿปwell done!

    Now, time to keep that mantra! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Goodluck! ๐Ÿ˜…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe thanks for the good luck wish. I'm going to be needing that desperately :)

      Delete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...