Friday, November 4, 2016

Jaslyn Cakes @ Telawi, Bangsar



If you've been following my Instagram, you would have noticed how crazy I am over Jaslyn Cakes. Just this week, I've been there for four consecutive days. It's crazy, not just for my diet but for my wallet too! (Thank god for Uber's LuckyNumber7 promo; my trips from office to Bangsar and back are usually only ~80cents per way!)

But before I continue, I need to manage your expectations. Jaslyn Cakes is a tiny cafe located in Bangsar. It is not a place suitable for birthday parties or big group lunches. It occupies about half a shop and has very limited seats. Whenever I go, I typically do takeaway. So big lunch in BV2 and then walkover to Jaslyn for desserts.

What makes Jaslyn Cakes so great? For starters, the moment you walk in, you are greeted by the smell of freshly baked cakes and cookies. Ohhhh soooo heavenly! Secondly, their cakes are all moist and flavorful. Made with good butter and a myriad of flavours. Love in every bite! Premium ingredients too, hence the slightly inflated prices. Note the generous compliments, coming from this half decent home baker!

So which cakes do I recommend? Here's my top five sinful decadent delights:
  1. Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
  2. Yogurt Banana Loaf
  3. Butter Loaf
  4. Salty Valrhoma Brownies
  5. Chocolate Chip Cookies

Other than that, I've also tried their Earl Grey Chiffon cake, Madeleine and Carrot cake. Hubby especially loves their Carrot cake, but I on the other hand wasn't too fond of the strong cinnamon taste!




However, if you are not a big fan of sugary delights, I think you should stay away from the Butterscotch Blondies and the Sticky Date pudding. The former was slightly sweet but still bearable, however the latter was way way way too sweet. Even with my Kelantanese heritage, I struggled to finish half of it. So I would probably give these two a miss.

The next time you're in the Telawi area, try this out! You can thank me later. *giggles*

Jaslyn Cakes
7A, Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar Baru, 
59100 Kuala Lumpur
T: +603-2202 2868
11am - 6pm (7pm on weekends)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...