Monday, May 9, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day, ladies!

I hope every one of you had a great day, being pampered by your loved ones. I am currently writing this post in a hotel room in Johor Bahru, having landed in this state just an hour ago. 

I took the last flight out of KL, hence I did get to spend a good part of Mother's Day with the kiddos. How did they celebrate me? Well, as usual - my boys just love 'winging' it last minute. So as I woke up this morning, I discovered that everyone was still fast asleep. (Apparently Hubby slept at 4am watching football.) I fiddled with my phone for about 40minutes before Hubby stirred, opened his eyes, looked at me and exclaimed "Happy Mother's Day!" and then bounded out of bed muttering something about making breakfast. 

Aiden and Ian woke up from all the racket and crawled into my bed. After a lot of cuddles and kisses, Aiden joined his Daddy to make breakfast while Ian and I sang the ABC song on repeat in bed. ("Ann mowe tymeee!" aka one more time he says!)

Fifteen minutes later, this arrived on my bed:


Well basically, Hubby ransacked the fridge looking for any thing he could present on a plate. He found some nuggets - left over from Aiden's dinner. Kuih koci durian - something I had purchased from two days ago. Semperit bedazzled with hearts - Ian's birthday present (and favourite snack) courtesy of my SILs. All those plus hot dogs wrapped in cheese and scrambled eggs. But he did such a great job plating the whole thing! Major love for my man! *kisses*

We then attended an aqiqah where I caught up with my BBGS girls (all mothers!) and then returned home, packed, and left for the airport for an early Mother's Day dinner. Eden was no gastronomic feast (in fact it was slightly disappointing) but their stir fried tenderloin with crispy almonds somewhat made up for it. 

Someone shared this on Facebook and it struck something in me:


So to fellow mummies out there, may Allah reward all that we do for our kids with Jannah. InsyaAllah! 

2 comments:

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...