Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Farewell School Holidays!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Sorry for the quiet week. School holidays meant that kiddos wanted full attention to be given to them, hence no time was able to be spared for writing. Nevertheless, some wonderful things happened throughout the week, namely:

  • I finally found the perfect place for Aiden and Ian's upcoming birthday! I had basically lost hope of ever finding one within my requirements and budget. When I called Kizsport Main Place they were explicit that I had to order food from their cafe, hence I assumed all Kizsport had the same requirement. But fate decided otherwise; when I went for my monthly facial in Bangsar, I dropped the kids off at Kizsport BV2 and decided to just ask for a quote. Was pleasantly surprised to find out that they were the only branch that allowed outside food! So Kizsport it is for us!
  • I was scouting around Tesco in preparation for the boys' upcoming birthdays. I didn't manage to find what I was hunting for, but instead I found a corner called 'Clearance' and it was selling some banged up boxes of Lego for 50% off! Oh wow I borong one of each design I could find. 
A banged up box of Jake and Neverland Pirates Duplo Lego - was RM40 only! Ian was ecstatic!
  • Managed to get an extremely good deal for an airfryer from the newly launched Aeon Shah Alam. Can't wait to try out new (healthy!) recipes with it.
Philips Airfryer - albeit it being the first generation, the only difference with the second generation is a non-stick cooking pan and an internal cover.
  • We managed to snag one of the last few rooms at Avillion PD. Our first time traveling during the school holidays but we still had a good outing. For the first time in a long while, we brought the maid along. Good thinking, cos we were able to leave the kids with her while Hubby and I 'dated' - swimming at the adult only pool and a spa session too!
We brought our own fishing rod, this time around!
  • Speaking of spa sessions, Hubby treated me to a way way way overdue Mother's Day present - the AviSpa Signature Massage. It was one of the best massages I've had in a longggggg time. I'll dedicate a separate post just for this, later!
  • Ian was able to 'swim' with floats! Contrary to Aiden who was supremely scared of the water, Ian actually pushed our hands away so we would stop holding him! He gulped some water too, but that didn't deter him from chugging along. (Unfortunately he was a bit too brave his first time on the kiddy water slide and flipped 180 degrees midway; Hubby had to go save him. He didn't want to go anywhere near the slide after that!)
  • We received Aiden's exam results. He mentioned something about getting 50% for a paper so I had mentally prepared myself for the worst. But a sujud syukur is certainly due; he scored above 90% in BM, English, Maths and Science. (The 50% he mentioned was 50/50 for Paper 1!) However I am bracing myself for the results of his last paper - Pendidikan Islam. He really cannot read nor write jawi, so I am not expecting much. Honestly, I'm tuning my head to think positively; he still has a lifetime worth of exams waiting for him. He should be enjoying his childhood, instead of slaving over books all the time. 
  • Last but not least, I was bestowed as Nuffnang's Featured Blogger for the month of March. It is certainly gratifying, when all the time you spend blogging is rewarded by such an honour. Read more at http://www.nuffnang.com.my/featured-blogger/liz-yahaya

Life can't be wonderful all the time. I'm nursing a really bad sore throat (my lymph nodes are actually swollen) and I can barely swallow anything. Wish me well!

Till my next blog post. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz, care to share the brand of the airfryer and its price? malas nak survey - will just take your word for it:)
    Thanks, nadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nadia, I just updated the blogpost with pictures. The Philips Airfryer was going for RM599. Cheapest I've found so far! Hope this helps ;)

      Delete
  2. So cute. (the part about getting 50%) hahaha… We just got back my daughter's exam results too and even though she did fairly well, I had a few tiger mum moments! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe I can totally relate with the tiger mum moments. When I first found out about the 50%, I nearly went berserk! Nasib baik I calmed down pretty quickly. Turns out I worried for nothing hehehe. Good luck to the both of us for future exams ;)

      Delete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...