Monday, January 19, 2015

Saying Goodbye to my Choos

You know how you hold on to a favourite piece of clothing that used to show off your curves but unfortunately no longer fits, and you just can't seem to let go because you hope that someday you will go back to your pre-pregnancy weight?

Fortunately, I came to my senses and gave away quite a lot of my sexy-mexy tight clothes, but unfortunately I was never able to let go of my pre-baby shoes. Oh you know, the ones that are 5inches high and all?

If my 2014 resolution was to clear out all my unused branded handbags (Coach, MK, Furla etc which I did so successfully!), this year I made a resolution to clear out my shoe wardrobe. After thinking long and hard, I finally found the courage to sell off my Choos. Yes - my beautiful but sooo not practical Jimmy Choos shoes. Unlike many very courageous mummies out there, I haven't been able to master the art of teetering around in 5inch shoes while carrying a baby. And I think I have realised, that no matter how much practice and miles I get in those shoes, they can never be as comfy as my practical flats or even my work 3-inch heels.

So, I dedicate this post to my babies. I hope your new owner enjoys you as much as I did...

My absolute favourite! I love how the shoe extends above to my ankle, making it oh so comfy (but still not practical)!

Look at the detailing! So beautiful!

Lovely nappa leather.

The ridiculous heels.

Next up, this pair was never worn - tak tipu!

*smacks my shopaholic self*

Pristine printed pony zebra.

The below wasn't supposed to be the last pair to be sold, but at the very last minute I refused to let go of one pair of Choos... sentimental value konon!

This satin white beauty is part of the Jimmy Choo wedding couture. 

I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this, because I was already married then! Seriously, shopaholics shouldn't be left loose and alone in shopping malls.

Beautiful diamante adorning the shoe.

Last but not least, I kept this pair for myself! They look like shoes that I could wear to the office, so since I won't be carrying any babies to the office anytime soon, I could probably prance around with those absurd heels from the car to my desk. Well, at least that was the reasoning my heart gave to my head.

Stamped mock croc in white. Would look beautiful with a white top, don't you think?

My one and only pair of Choos in my shoe cabinet now. *cries*

I wore this to the office last Friday. As soon as I got to my desk, I changed into my spare flats in preparation for my walk to lunch later in the day. Guess what - the flats were so comfortable that I drove home in them and completely forgot about my Choos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...