Monday, July 21, 2014

We Revamped Our Living Hall, Again!

Our revamped living hall - yet again!

After spending our bonuses revamping our dining hall, we decided to revamp our living hall on a shoestring budget! Trust me, small things can actually make a big impact. So for our living hall, we decided to change the curtains and paint our feature wall a new colour.

Let me share a secret with you. You know the beige curtains in my living hall previously? They were purchased from Macy for RM1 per meter. I kid you not. It was during the Macy sale, and I was quite desperate for a cheap solution for my floor to ceiling windows. I bought the whole roll of 32 meters and paid RM32 for it. Plus tailoring, I paid less than RM200 in total. 

So after 3 years of serving us well, we decided to buy new (better quality) curtains. And you know how I am a sucker for good deals, right? Blog Moon is a close affiliate with Sarah Hughes Globe and just last month she invited her readers for a closed one-day sale for curtain fabric. Thanks to her and Globe's very good deal, we chose a wonderful curtain design for only RM10 per meter! However, our chosen fabric was bidang kecil, so we had to take 45 meters in total. Plus tailoring, it was about RM650 - still a good deal, and in time for Raya too! So ladies - follow her blog for the next sale, okay?


New curtains!

Thank you, Kak Moon! I love my new curtains!

Close up of the texture and look of the curtain.

Next up, our feature wall. I blogged previously about painting my wall DIY using Nippon Momento. Well here is the end result. Looks like wallpaper, doesn't it?

The previously brown wall is now silverish grey!

See how the light bounces beautifully on the feature wall? *love*

Here's a close up.

We also moved our furniture around. Since the daybed has now moved into the dining hall, we decided to move our two arm chairs to where the daybed used to be. Hence, the U-shaped window is now completely furniture free, making the living hall look more spacious.

The armchairs separate the living hall area from the walkway.

Next project, get a new coffee table, perhaps?

I love the abstract pattern pillow, a great deal from Spotlight!

Other than that, not much has changed. The sofa is still at the same place, although we added some decorative pieces here and there.


Our trusty comfortable sofa.

Grey pillows under the TV panel to block Ian from accessing the electrical switches!

This is how the living hall looks like in the morning. Check out our revamped garden!

And in case you're wondering how the feature wall looks like in the morning sunlight.

With that, our living hall is now ready for Eid! We're just a week from Hari Raya so in case I don't get to this blog till then, to all my lovely readers - here's wishing you Selamat Hari Raya dan Maaf Zahir Batin. If I have offended you in any way, I deeply apologize. If you are driving back to your hometown, make sure you buckle your seat belts and have a safe journey with your loved ones. Also, watch the calories, ladies! *grin*

2 comments:

  1. Selamat Hari Raya Maaf Zahir Batin too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Farah! Hope you have a good Eid celebration :) Bila nak buat open house? Hehehe

      Delete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...