Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Best Nestum Prawn in Town!

Okay fine - town isn't Klang Valley. It is in Ipoh. And I can't confidently say that it is the best Nestum Prawn because frankly, I haven't been able to find any restaurants which serves Nestum Prawns!

But seriously, this is really really really highly recommended! I have been eating this dish since I was 12 years old. And today, it is still served at the same restaurant, located at the same place, and it still tastes as good. The restaurant owner practically knows our family, that the chef takes the effort to cook the dish personally for us everytime we dine in. And I make it a point to visit the restaurant every single time I am back in Ipoh.

It is really hard to explain how the dish tastes like. I'm no flogger, but its like when you take a bite, an explosion of sweet, sour and crunchy nestum fill your mouth. Nyummy right?

This chinese restaurant has been here for years. And just a stone's throw away from my stepmother's house.

Ditanggung Halal.

Ha, that's the address. If you're ever in Ipoh, go check it out!

A bit of history about Aiden's outfit. (Yes, I am forever having short stories about every single piece of clothing Aiden has!) I bought this Baby Gap - I Love Dad set in Dec 2007, one full year before I found out that I was pregnant. I don't know why I have this baby clothes fetish. Every single new country I visit, I insist on getting at least one newborn clothing (usually neutral colours - for obvious reasons).

Aiden: "When is this Udang Nestum going to be ready? I'm ready with my spoon!"

Salivating.

Aaaaahhh... heaven....

A close up. Delicious?

A closer close up. The crunchy nestum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...